Ever since we got a fish-tank at home, V has been studying extensively about fish, their needs, their behaviour and all and has been bestowing upon the rest of the family, his acquired knowledge !
So here are some things that I learnt from him :
- The size of the stomach of a fish is of the size of its eye, bear this in mind while feeding. Over dosage will lead them to hurt others in absence of food
- Fish staying near the surface of water signify the dearth of oxygen in water. Break the top layer using bubble maker or something of that sort
- Oxygen stays for longer time in water with lower temperatures
- When refilling with fresh water without cleaning the entire setup, place a plate at the bottom and pour water on it so that top layer breaks increasing the oxygen flow and not disturbing the waste at the bottom
- Place some objects where they can go back and hide as they seem to like it
- Place the fish along with the cover containing water (store bought fish) in the fish-tank with water so that the temperatures get aligned, and then only transfer the fish into the fish tank at home
So much for now, this is all what I remember 🙂
What are your experiences in this regard ? Any tips or interesting facts ?