The very very sweet Vidhya was so sweet to tag me one more time, sweeter to remind me yet again !
Although a little late, am here taking up the tag ! Reasons for the long delay will come along in future posts.
13 questions and my answers :
1. What is the first dish that you cooked?
If I remember correctly, my cousin was so worried that I have reached marriageable age and still have got no clue about ABCs of cooking, and in a desperate attempt to teach me something made me cook this besan curry that goes along with poori.
2. What is the first dish that you cooked for your better half? (If you are not married, you can tell us what you are planning to cook for him/her)?
Spinach dal, when I joined V in US after a month long of separation, the gap during which I had my crash course in cooking under MIL.
3. Which food were you reserved to try first but then liked later it since you acquired the taste?
Sweets, had them very little as a kid, but after marriage, I think I developed a liking.
4. What is your comfort food?
Jeera rice, plain rice with dal, curd rice with pickle, egg fried rice
5. Which dish of yours you like the best?
He he, I don’t think I have got any such thing 🙂
6. Which dish of yours your family likes the best?
Hmmm, not sure about the family, but A likes my Pasta 🙂
7. What is your favorite street food?
Pani puri, ragada cutlet and many more
8. Tell us about any of your kitchen disaster story.
Lots, my failed attempts in making Puran poli, vadas made from batter of corn kernels, losing safety valves, rava laddoo turning into hard stones and many more 😦
9. Any one or two food confessions 😉 😉
I love eating . I love trying different cuisines at different restaurants. I love watching food channels with V.
10. Apart from basic stuff, like milk, yogurt, veggies what you have in your fridge or in pantry? (Name any 3 items)
Jujubes, butter, cheese
11. Any food related or cooking resolutions for this year?
Not a resolution, but I would like to cook new dishes for A, specially something by baking !
12. In our custom when you goto Kasi, you need to give up one of your favorite veggie and fruit. So you cannot eat that veggie or fruit from then on. Which one you would you give up? (It should be your favorite one)
No, I can’t let go of anything that’s so dear to me 😦
13. You need to prepare a 3 course meal for a party? What dishes will be there in your menu?
Jeera rice with dal / kurma
Custard powder cake
All my dear readers, please feel free to take the tag if you haven’t been tagged already ! Thanks Vidhya for the tag !