Vidhya tagged me for this interesting challenge and here I go !
The rules are quite simple
1. List your 12 favorite books and
2. 7 wonders about yourself and your reading.
3. Tag other 8 bloggers.
So here is my list :
1. Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
2. Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
3. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
4. Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
5. Seventh Secret by Irving Wallace
6. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
8. Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi
9. Monsoon Diary by Shoba Narayan
10. Trojan War
11. Hound of Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
The last three are from my childhood and the memories about them are still fresh with me !
7 things ( I don’t think I have got any wonders ) about my reading
1. I tried laying my hands on PG Wodehouse , say something like 10 yrs back, but couldn’t get the hang of it and wish to give another attempt at it sometime soon
2. I tend to pick up books only after I have got a review about it or the author is a known one
3. I like the way the characters stay with me for a long time even after finishing the book, the scenes visualised while reading the book keep playing sporadically in the mind
4. I love reading most sorts, comics, fiction with serious plots, non-fiction as long as it’s not something covering politics, economics et al
5. Am more inclined towards paper-backs rather than e-books, not that am against them. While the latter provides ease and convenience, the former has got a special warmth
6. I get hooked to a book only after completing something around 40-50 pages of it, can’t help it !
7. I rarely read a book for the second time, specially if it’s a fiction one, don’t know why !
Now tagging other bloggers, but most have already been tagged I guess, so if you guys have not done this before, can you please do it now